Solar Hot Water – Using Solar Thermal Energy
Solar thermal energy panels are an effective source of providing hot water for domestic, commercial and industrial applications.
During the spring, summer and autumn the angle of the sun is at its highest for the UK and for many countries in the northern hemisphere and is ideal to absorb solar thermal radiation through solar thermal energy panels.
WDS Green Energy provide a range of solar thermal panels and our vacuum tubes and flat plate panels are some of the most advanced in the UK and on the market that maximise the usage of solar thermal radiation at all times.
Currently solar panels have been installed in well over 100,000 sites in Europe and the UK. Solar panels can also provide some limited heating and come in a modular design with a range of sizes for both domestic and commercial applications.
Domestic or commercial applications
Solar thermal panels can provide domestic hot water in isolation or be integrated into other renewable and existing energy systems, such as ground source heat pumps that will ultimately reduce carbon emissions.
Both flat plate and vacuum tube panels can be installed and fitted on virtually any roof. New slate roofs can incorporate flat solar panels whilst others can accommodate vacuum tube panels.
- Perpendicular absorption area throughout the day through the circular design of the vacuum tubes
- Aluminium reflector to maximise the energy and solar radiance from behind the tubes
- 25-30 year service life
- Energy produced at the lowest cost per kW
- Long life usage through the black powder-coated galvanised steel on the manifold and frame
- Limited heat loss through the manifold insulation of Polyethylene foam
- Working temperature of up to 250ºC
- Approved panels to standard EN Certificate No 12975-1/2
Flat Plate Panels
- Can be easily installed with a light weight construction of only 53 kilograms
- High durability through anodised aluminium
- Low reflectivity through the titanium oxide surface
- Low to minimal heat loss
- Maximum heat absorption through 4mm tempered solar glass with the frame insulated fully with mineral wool